15 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2015 4:42 AM by bokerkebo

AMD 15.7 Drivers will not install successfully

eryxx

I've tried -3- different times, did a full uninstall of 14.12 drivers first. The 15.7 driver package installed normally enough, it runs and appears to go through all the motions, but when complete it says there were errors and to view the log for details.

When I viewed the log, all of the drivers except the graphics driver were successful, but the video driver 15.7 was marked as "Failed." There was no error code or anything, so no clues where to proceed from here. I had to uninstall the 15.7 drivers that did work (just to make sure they didn't conflict) and reinstall the 14.12 drivers. Everything is working as before, but I would really like to try out these new drivers.

• Re: AMD 15.7 Drivers will not install successfully
          skyblood

Like this?

AMD Display Driver

Error messages

Driver Install: user must be a member of the Administrators group

Driver Install: the installation failed

then try it

First, sorry for my bad english

I have the same problem as you, my system is Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit

Here, try this, it worked for me:

Note: Don't forget backup your system

1. Use the present Administrator account

2. Tun off all antivirus, UAC, Firewall,... like kingfish said

3. Update your Windows( i just only update suggested) and Netframework, when completed -> Turn off Windows Update

4. Creat a new Administrator account and use this(of course everything Run as Administrator)

5. Reboot into Safe mode and use DDU to complete uninstall the previous driver

6. DDU will auto reboot into 'Normal mode', wait until Device manager install complete the Standard VGA graphics adapter. Now, install the new driver

7. Reboot

If log file when install new driver completed have message like this:

Error messages

Driver Install: user must be a member of the Administrators group

Driver Install: the installation failed

Repeat step 4

Good luck!

eryxx

@skyblood

I wasn't getting quite the same error regarding being a member of the Administrator's Group, but I tried this process anyhow without success, the only error that still displays is Graphics Driver: Failed on the log.

Thank you so much for your suggestions, though, I appreciate the time you invested in posting.

FYI, system consists of:

Win7 x64 HP SP1

AMD FX-8320

8GB Ballistix Tracer RAM

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 r1.1

2 x Gigabyte AMD 7970 in CrossFire

250GB Samsung 840 SSD

640GB WD Black HDD

4TB Seagate HDD

3 x LG 22EA63 Monitors in Eyefinity

nielsvds

What you also can try is the following: open device manager: by holding the windows key together with r now type devmgmt.msc press enter. Now double click on display adapters, after that right click on your graphic card and choose for update driver software and select browse my computer for driver files now browse to %systemdrive%\AMD\AMD Catalyst ... don't forget to check the option to also look at subdirectories and press next. But a clean install will also help like kingfish suggested.

metalrush

Followed this to the letter... alas, no joy:

[quote]

AMD Display Driver

Final Status:Fail
                      Version of Item:15.150.1004.0000
                      Size:90 Mbytes

[/quote]

I have a R9 380.

I think AMD's compatibility list is wrong. Since I tried to update to this (version) driver, my GPU drivers are giving me the finger.

Even after following your instruction, the 15.15 drivers are no longer accepted.

I specifically chose the 380 since it supports PLP.

Other options? (pls!)

metalrush

Strange perhaps to reply to myself... but to help others, I hereby did

Reinstalling, clean install, etc, didn't do it for me. So I thought REALLY hard to remember what I did just when I purchased this card.

It was: installing the drivers manufacturer (MSI in my case) delivered on CD (with the card).

Those are the 15.2 drivers (which seemed odd to me at the time, since they were (are?) not online @ AMD.

Now my 380 is behaving as it should: running PLP in the config (resolution) I want.

CCC is also accessible again (which was not the case in previous mentioned/described cases.

Just being curious: is ANYone of AMD every reading these kind of messages?

I write this to help others but also to give AMD feedback, so they can look into these kind of troubles (users run in to), to optimize the drivers in the future...

deployerfullgeek

also have this problem and i don't wan't buy an new card graphic because driver was broken my card "-_-      ScreenShot_20150711130048.png

fsenati

Hallo All,

I have troubles in installing the drivers too, but of a different kind.

My configuration:

Acer notebook Aspire V5-561G with i5-4200U and AMD Radeon R7 M265 (in tandem with a Intel HD), Win 7 sp1 fully patched.

I uninstalled the 14.12 as indicated from the main administrative account (administrator), removed the device and related sw from device manager and used CC Cleaner and Advanced Systemcare 8 to get rid of leftovers.

Then I installed the 15.7 with a weird behaviour:

- The installation program claimed everything went fine (i.e. no error messages in the log)

BUT

- The driver DID NOT install successfully, indicating there was a problem with the digital signature

Tried this twice, now I quit and I HOPE to be able to install the 14.12 back again.

If you have any clue please let me know...

best

filippo

fsenati

Hallo,

an update to my previous message: I did it !

I re-read the info about deinstalling and reinstalling the driver ON THE FORUM (and not on the drivers main page) and the Guru 3D Display Driver Uninstaller made the difference.

So, here is what I did:

1- Uninstalled the driver

(Used CCleaner and Advanced Systemacare 8 - but I do not think they are useful...)

2- Rebooted into safe mode

3- Used Guru 3D Display Driver Uninstaller

4- Rebooted into normal mode

5- Installed the 15.7 driver: BSOD on amdkmpfd.sys

6- Rebooted normally

7- Checked Device Manager -> the Display Driver was installed

8- Resumed the 15.7 installation from the directory where I expanded the driver, avoiding reinstalling the display driver itself (i.e. installed CCC)

DONE !!!

Too bad AMD is unable to write a complete and correct uninstaller and have to rely on a third party.

Even worse that they not give advice about this.

Hurrah for Guru 3d DDU !!!

best

filippo

kingfish

Your laptop problem is totally different than this issue. This is for desktop cards. Start a new thread and you will get some assistance. Maybe.