4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2015 10:56 AM by lotusm50

Problem with installing/updating Catalyst to new 15.7

lgx

Hi!

I have a problem here... I simply can not install new 15.7.

Both from Catalyst update, and downloading separately from AMD, it gives an error that

"Catalyst Install manager has stopped"

catalyst.JPG

After this, I do a full AMD software removal, and tried a clean install, with no success and the same error.

However, current (14.12 Omega) driver or any previous can be reinstalled without any problem.

My system is Windows x64, with an MSI R9 270.

Anyone has any suggestions?

• Re: Problem with installing/updating Catalyst to new 15.7
          kingfish

When installing beta drivers...it's best to clean uninstall/install. Also, never use 'automatic find and install'.

If you run into issues after trying to update your AMD drivers, try a 'clean install'.

To perform a 'clean install' of AMD graphics drivers:

Note: To be on the safe side, create a system restore point before doing any  of this.

1. IMPORTANT: All Windows Updates should be current, including the 'optional/suggested' updates
          2. IMPORTANT: Disable all anti-virus/ad blockers/anti-malware/ anti-anything before trying to install
          3. IMPORTANT: Netframework is required and must be the latest version. (from Windows Update)

Download these drivers >Desktop
          Delete existing drivers from your computer:

In computer control panel select 'uninstall a program'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          FOR COMPUTERS WITH INTEL PROCESSORS:

Select AMD install manager and choose 'express uninstall all AMD software'
          Including the install manager.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR COMPUTERS WITH AMD PROCESSORS:

Select AMD install manager and 'custom uninstall' the graphics drivers and CCC only.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reboot into 'safe mode'

In safe mode run DDU uninstaller

Reboot

Install the new driver suite.

Reboot

skyblood

First, sorry for my bad english

I have the same problem as you, my system is Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit

Here, try this, it worked for me:

Note: Don't forget backup your system

1. Use the present Administrator account

2. Tun off all antivirus, UAC, Firewall,... like kingfish said

3. Update your Windows( i just only update suggested) and Netframework, when completed -> Turn off Windows Update

4. Creat a new Administrator account and use this(of course everything Run as Administrator)

5. Reboot into Safe mode and use DDU to complete uninstall the previous driver

6. DDU will auto reboot into 'Normal mode', wait until Device manager install complete the Standard VGA graphics adapter. Now, install the new driver

7. Reboot

If log file when install new driver completed have message like this:

Error messages

Driver Install: user must be a member of the Administrators group

Driver Install: the installation failed

Repeat step 4

Good luck!

godot11

I have the exact same problem as you, only that I wanted to install Catalyst on a totally AMD-virgin system. I changed my video card to a Raedon HD5770, the first ever ATI product in the PC, removed everything nVidia before, and still, I could not install it. I selected the "Automatically Detect and Install Your Driver" option on the Driver + Download Center.

Edit: 14.12 and 14.9 crashes exactly the same way.

lotusm50

I am having a similar problem. Looking to update my drivers. I have Radeon 7770 card. Cataylsy won't update or uninstall (so I can re-install).  Seems to get stuck early in the process -- "Detecting graphics hardware".  AMD motherboard with AMD FX-8370 Vishera 8-Core 4.0GHz processor.  Never had a problem with any AMD or AMD graphics software before.