AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD Radeon HD 6970 Graphics Crash

Question asked by daohlocks on Jul 9, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 5, 2015 by daohlocks

Hello.
I just recently got a AMD Radeon HD 6970 graphics card with 2 GBs of memory, and it appears to handle most games pretty well.
However, after a few minutes (say, 30) on a certain game (in this case Euro Truck Simulator 2), the screen turns grey with black stripes vertically crossing the whole screen. A few seconds after the screen turns to that, the sound begins to fail, and ctrl+alt+del won't get me back to the desktop, thus making me have to restart my whole PC in order for it to work.
I have tried to launch the system in security mode, change settings to low, mess with AMD Overdrive to make sure i'm not overheating my GPU (stable 30 or 32 degrees celcius on recommendable settings, not to mention i turn on an actual fan on my PC tower before playing).
My drivers are up to date, and I meet the minimum and sometimes recommended requirements for most games I play that have this issue. I always play on medium or sometimes high on those games, but if this issue appears I turn the settings to low, but the game crashes nonetheless.

If anyone had this problem before and managed to fix it, please help me.
idontwannahavetobuya970gtxjusttoplayonmy1080pscreen

(And no I can't screenshot the crash because it's a whole PC crash, no error messages at all.)

Outcomes