1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2015 2:50 AM by Cornugon

Is the R7 370 is ever going to support hybrid crossfire with currently available APUs?

tonnic

I am a huge fan of the A-10 APU and have been drooling over ideas for new builds ever since watching the 300 series announcement stream live and heard R7 mentioned. I would like to pick up a 4GB R7 370 DDR5 card to go with my A10-7870 but right now the 300 series uses a different driver version than the APU's and 200 series. Has anyone seen any indication that at some point the drivers will be brought in line to allow APU/GPU hybrid crossfire with the APU's that we currently have available to us? Or am I stuck waiting for Zen to behold the glory that is 300 series APU hybrid crossfire...

• Re: Is the R7 370 is ever going to support hybrid crossfire with currently available APUs?
          Cornugon

I would recommend going for at least an R9 380. The R7 370 is a rebrand of the R7 265, which is a rebrand of the 7850. Besides the OEM-cards, the R7 370 is the only card in the 300-series line-up which is still based on GCN 1.0 technology. This means it doesn't have GCN 1.1+ improvements, and lacks TrueAudio (not that the latter is much of a breaking point...).

Second of all, either forget about Dual Graphics (formerly: Hybrid Crossfire), or wait what MS's claims concerning DX12 and mixing multiple types of videocards for Multi-GPU holds of value.