3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2015 7:19 AM by solateur

Athlon II x4 630 not supported by windows 10

lastdreamer81

I can't install windows 10 because it say that my Athlon II x4 630 isn't supported. I must change my cpu or it wul be supported?

• Re: Athlon II x4 630 not supported by windows 10
          solateur

We have the same problem with some Athlon 64X2 3800+

AMDs homepage says that ALL AMD processors are running with Windows 10.

What is the reason of our problem?

• Re: Athlon II x4 630 not supported by windows 10
              Vantharas

Microsoft says that "some PC processors and hardware configurations aren't supported" by the Windows 10 Technical Preview but did not go into details."A small number of older, 64-bit CPUs might be blocked from installing the preview."

However they have stated if you can run windows 7 you can run windows 10. So no you shouldn't have to upgrade to run windows 10.

More then likely at this point its a simple failure of them adding the supported CPU ID to the Microsoft installer check list.

But of course the above statements are simply speculation as Microsoft can do whatever they please. and can change system requirements on launch day. However the likely hood of that happening is next to nothing. But Microsoft has said if you can run 7 , you can run 10. Just have to wait for the full retail release.

1 of 1 people found this helpful