0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2015 9:52 PM by snakebigboss

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

snakebigboss

Hello everyone,

I have a computer I am actually fiddling around with, using it for media and some games.

Originally, came with AMD Athlon 64 3800+ using mobo (A8M2N-LA) (NAOS GL6), bumped it up to the X2 4200+ (Windsor), temps were fine I believe at around high 30's Celsius in an idle state, but IDLE temps aren't what I am concerned with. I have once again bumped up my upgrade to this Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6GHz cpu...

Question is............... What are the normal temps for this old CPU? IDLE or stressed. Right now, I see an idle of anywhere between high 30's Celsius to upper 40's Celsius.

Desktop mode: low to high 40s' Celsius with web browsing, music playing, etc...

3D Game Mode: mid 40s' to low 50s'

However I was able to locate my actual ASUS cpu fan w/heatsink online. site is: Expert Infotech Ltd 新西兰中国城 . Site is in chinese, but the image and fan specs are in english.

here is another site ASUS AFB0712VHB-SM04 3-Pin Fan - 70mm Fan 

What I have done in terms to cranking up my CPU fan, which basically is PWM and set it to 8.5v in BIOS. Delta at 20'C, Ramp Range, max speed at 65'C Both CPU and SYSFAN are enabled. For this Motherboard I know it isn't what you call, overclock capable, I may be wrong.

I would like to turn up the juice and run it at 3500rpm. Right now, I am at 2800rpm.

Based on this info, I hope didn't confuse you. Basically wanting to know.... Are the temps I am talking about fine for the Amd Athlon 64 X2 5000+ or not. and adjusting any of the Delta Temps, Voltage (PWM) ideal or not? This system is old, but works very nicely for what I added to it. Specs below, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Windows Vista Home Basic

Amd Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6GHz

2GB DDR2 RAM

MSI Nvidia GT620 GDDR3 PCI-e 16x

Thermaltake TR2 500 PSU