0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2015 2:20 PM by gabecube

Certain games make the computer restart

gabecube

Ever since a few months ago, I have been suffering from crashes when starting certain games (and semi-randomly on another) with me 290X on Win 8.1 - 64 bits.

So far I have found that the computer crashes whenever I start the following games:

. Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens

. Victory Command

. A City Sleeps

With these games, it always crashed a few seconds after the application starting, no blue screen or error message - I just hear a "click" on my computer, and go back to the BIOS reinitializing.

This has also happened with The Witcher 1 Extended Edition, but not just after starting (it's usually after entering the first castle). It should be noted, all of these are fairly low-demand games, and I managed to run The Witcher 3 on high settings for hours.

I have no idea what to do anymore. Trying installing the Beta drivers, but still am getting the same result. It should be noted, the first game I noticed the problem with, Victory Command, used to work... but it was before updating both the drivers and the game, so I am not sure if either of those could be involved.

Any ideas? What further information can I post to help troubleshoot this?