5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2015 11:00 AM by atcl

OpenCL Error in Octave using ACML 6.1 (under ArchLinux on Kaveri)

atcl

Hello,

I am trying to use iGPU offloading under Octave 3.8.2 using the ACML 6.1 under Archlinux (Kernel 4.0) on a Kaveri (No discrete GPU) machine.

I have installed the catalyst driver, acml and amdapp-sdk. Yet, as soon as I try to offload computation on the iGPU, for example by forcing "createContext" (under acmlbasedir/gfortran64_mp/lib/resource/") to return {1,2} I get the following error:

V_OpenCL< -33, 78 >: clState::clState( ) couldn't query if device is an APU

If I try to use the "createContext_more_complicated" variant, this function hangs while waiting for the callback from "acml_getDevices".

I posted my clinfo output here: clinfo output - Pastebin.com

I am grateful for any hints on what is going on. Please let me know if you require logging output.

Greetings

PS: I should add that I already found already posts like: ACML and iGPU of Kaveri  or GNU Octave 3.8.1 with ACML 6 on Ubuntu 13.10 does not seem to use iGPU on Kaveri platform. Furthermore, the error messge above does not return any results on google besides this forum post.