1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 2, 2015 4:38 PM by kingfish

AMD Radeon HD8870M(AMD Enduro) Totally not working, BSOD when i install official AMD Drivers

ciao986

After Uninstalling all my drivers to update to the latest catalyst beta drivers everything stopped working: i removed EVERYTHING with DDU(Display Driver Uninstaller); i installed the latest Intel OEM Drivers, then, when i installed the latest AMD one, the Laptop went BSOD. I tried different configurations, i tried installing both the OEM Display Drivers from the Samsung own SW Update Application, but it didn't work, i tried to install them manually by saving the relative installation files, but the AMD Driver installation caused a BSOD during the driver install, and after a reboot the GPU wasn't recognized completely. i tried to install the OEM Intel Driver and then "Catalyst Omega 14.12" that i had previously downloaded from the AMD website, but it couldn't install the drivers reporting an error, i don't know what to do, is there anything that i need to install before the AMD Drivers to fix the BSODs and let the system detect the GPU correctly?(when i install the latest catalyst BETA Drivers the system recognizes the GPU as "AMD Radeon M200X Series", and not as "AMD Radeon R9 M270X" like it does in a normal situation).

These are the Laptop Specs:

Intel Core i7 3635QM Quad Core@2.4-3.4Ghz

8GB RAM 1600Mhz

Intel HD Graphics 4000 + AMD Radeon HD8870M(AMD Enduro)

500GB SSD Samsung 840 Evo

Windows 8.1 Professional Update 1(it is not the OEM install: i installed it from an USB key containing the original installation media files of my own copy of Windows 8, then i updated it to 8.1)

15.6" Full HD Multitouch Display

The PC Name is "Samsung Ativ Book 8"

Actually only the Intel Integrated GPU is working.

• Re: AMD Radeon HD8870M(AMD Enduro) Totally not working, BSOD when i install official AMD Drivers
          kingfish

When you install generic graphics drivers you get the generic name....M200X SERIES. The key word is "series". My card is a R9 290 and is listed in the device manager and CCC as R9 200 SERIES. Check with Samsung support for any bios/chipset updates.

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics should be the current version. Go to this Intel link, and manually ( do not use the Intel Driver Update Utility) find the latest graphics driver for your laptop, as pictured. Download and save it to your desktop. If you don't know which version of Intel graphics you have, look in device manager.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

laptop intel drivers.png

Download these AMD drivers to your desktop.

For Windows 8.1 or Windows 7

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT:

***Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.

*** Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Now install the Intel drivers first and lastly the AMD drivers.

NOTICE: If you do not want raptr/gaming evolved installed with your new drivers, select 'custom install' and uncheck the box for "gaming Evolved".

SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct