1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2015 2:57 AM by Cornugon

Broken G3 pin

alexjorib

Good morning.

After I install power supply Antec Neo Eco 520w and HD 6870 Graphics on motherboard ECS MCP61M-M3 my desktop had some blue screens with errors.

I was doing some maintenance in my computer but when I took the cooler the processor came along in my hand and one pin (G3) is missing after this action.

Phenon X6 - G3 pin = VDDNB_FB_L (Differential feedback for VDDNB power supply)

Someone knows something about Differential feedback for VDDNB power supply?

I put the processor again (without G3 pin) and everything occured ok but after I realised blue screen with errors 0x0...123 , 0x0...7 and others. The HD was making noise too.

For this I was doing the maintenance and cleaning because I was thinking about memory error and dust in slots from motherboard.

When I changed the memory to slot 2 I was can feel burned smell.

My computer don´t turn on and have 3 bips with intervals with and without memory.

I tested the memory in another computer and this memory is working fine.

So I´m thinking that motherboard is gone.

This facts have some relation to pin broke?

The missing G3 pin "killed" the processor and I will have buy a new processor?

Or can I buy other motherboard and install the same processor?

Computer specs:

Motherborad: ECS MCP61M-M3

Memory: Kingston 4gb 1333

Audio: M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Video: Radeon HD 6870

HD: Samsung 1 TB sata

Note: In Brazil here everything is very expensive to buy (About 3x more expensive that USA prices).

So my configuration can be bad to USA people but is not very bad in Brazil.

Thanks for your attention with me.

• Re: Broken G3 pin
          Cornugon

Did you find the actual missing pin? It's possible it short-circuited (parts of your) your motherboard essentially destroying it.

Concerning pins broken off from CPU's: Some pins are apparently less crucial and the CPU might still work apparently fine when missing one. This was true in the 80486-era where ZIF-sockets still weren't widely available on motherboards. I'm no expert though, so I guess even with pins missing and the computer running fine, some stability issues may arise in the long term.