5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2015 1:48 AM by gattsu

Fury x vibration - not coil whine or pump noise.

kataaro

Hi guys, I received my 2 XFX Fury x's yesterday and I have noticed something that worries me but I wanted to ask here..

Basically I get the noted coil whine and pump noise, which is fine, I am used to that so it's not a problem.

The issue is that when I load up a game or anything that puts a little pressure on the GPU's, I get a strange vibrating/grinding type sound from the GPU itself. This is not from the fans/radiator or anything else in my system. Also the cards are installed as required in the manual with the rads the right way up and above the GPU's. Also, when I move my mouse around in the game, the pitch of the grinding sound changes?!! It isn't quiet either, its fairly loud and very hard to ignore. When not in a game environment or just using the system in windows, the noise isnt there..

I have uploaded a video of the sound, try the below link without the spaces :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcn37p6szrsbdzx/VIDEO0044.mp4?dl=0

For those wanting to skip to the actual sound, it starts at about 01:00 minute into the video. I just wanted to ask if anyone else here has this, as both of my cards are doing it.. and wether I should send them back.? Cheers for any help guys..

- Mo