33 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2015 8:57 PM by hardcoregames™

New GPU not improving FPS after upgrade

gkennedy93

Hello, I recently purchased this graphics card and after installing it onto my motherboard and installing the drivers, I can't seem to find out why there is no difference to the frames per second that I am getting for both Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and also ArmA3. Whilst I am aware that Arma3 is a very CPU intensive game ( a problem which I was sure I had overcome by buying a far superior processor to the one I was previously using), I find that I can't even run it on Low settings and I still have an unreasonably slow and unstable framerate. I mean as low as 7fps on low settings. I tried reinstalling the drivers for the GPU and disabling the on-board graphics on my computer but nothing seems to work so far. I am wondering if my computer is even using my new GPU? I know that I would not be getting a display on my monitor if my PC wasn't utilizing the graphics card at all, but there has to be something causing such poor performance, and I would very much appreciate any help on this matter than you may hae to offer.

My Specs

Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270x Toxic Edition

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z97M-D3H

RAM: 32 GB