I have tried several times now to install 15.6. I have carefully removed the old driver... However, When I check the driver that gets installed it is 188.8.131.52 dated 12/6/2013. On an earlier attempt the driver it installed was 14.xxx . In previous attempts, the control center would open, but with this latest attempt, it won't. I'm desperately trying to update because I'm having repeated blue screen events in both Second Life and even in Google Chrome.
1.Go to settings,
2. Then control panel,
3. Then programs, uninstall a program
4. Then AMD Catalyst Install Manager
5. If you have an amd cpu select everything except the chipset drivers.
6. If you have an intel cpu, just click everything to do a complete uninstall.
7. Restart computer.
8. Install new drivers again.
9. Verify in Catalyst control center that you have 15.6.
10. Buy me a beer.
Dell Inc. Studio XPS 7100
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: English (United States)
Installed: 9/20/2011 5:25:46 PM
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
TOSHIBA-TV (72.3"vis, January 2011)
3.00 gigahertz AMD Phenom II X4 945
512 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
6144 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
Multi-core (4 total)
I did that and was momentarily hopeful it would work. It did successfully
remove the old driver, but the new driver says it is 14.5...not 15.6.