7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2015 9:56 AM by noodles

Not sure where to put this - screen is slightly blurry after installing catalyst and AMD drivers

noodles

I recently built my first PC, but made a bad call on the GPU. The new one - Gigabyte R7 260X GDDR5-2GB 2xDVI/HDMI/DP OC Graphics Card (GV-R726XOC-2GD) - just arrived yesterday. Getting it working was a bit of a challenge. Apparently my computer didn't recognize the new GPU, and thought my monitor was a "generic PnP monitor" (still does). I eventually found something called "AMD Catalyst." That seemed to download the correct drivers and got the GPU straightened out. However, one of the first things I noticed was that everything is a slight bit fuzzy, compared to how it was previously. Gmod didn't default at my native resolution (1920x1080) and was a lot darker/extremely fuzzy once I had fixed it. The person at (http://superuser.com/questions/435989/display-is-slight...) seems to be having the same problem, and someone added that they used the Catalyst control center to get the clear resolution they needed. I've found the "Desktop and Displays" section in my control center, but the "My Digital Flat-Panels" option isn't there and the rest of the settings aren't giving me what I'm looking for. What should I do? My old GPU was an Nvidia Quadro, by the way.

I've copy/pasted this from my thread on Tom's hardware, and I have something to add. I just uninstalled the Nvidia drivers with the "Uninstall a program" option in control panel. It asked me to restart my computer, and everything was fine after that. However, Catalyst said there was an update to the drivers, and that returned it to the blurry state. I've been searching and searching, and it seems many have had the same problem. However, none of the solutions work - most include messing with settings in Catalyst that I don't even have. I'm very frustrated and I'm not sure what to do at this point.