0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2015 9:13 AM by monopolyguy

HD7950 stops working after a while - FPS drop but no crash

monopolyguy

Hi,

I've been having a problem with my HD7950 for about a month now.

I can run games just fine with good FPS, but after a while of playing I can hear the fan on the graphics card turn itself off and I immediately notice the FPS ingame drop (although the application keeps running).

I have no idea why this happens.

The control center tells me the card's temperature is about 60 to 70 degrees when this occured last time I checked.

When this happens, the only way to get the GPU to start working again is to reboot the PC. Waiting for an hour does not help, the card does not initialize again.

I have set all the power saving settings I could find to "off" to make sure that is not interfering with the card.

I tried setting the fan speed to maximum via the CC, but this seems to have no effect - the card stops after a while.

I find it weird that the application keeps on going but its just the GPU that seems to stop doing anything, and the only way to fix this is a reboot.

Does anyone know what is going on or maybe have some tips for me on where to start looking?

Thanks