2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2015 2:35 PM by temberg

I just got a new Lenovo laptop with a R9 M275X 4gb, but it keeps using Intel HD Graphics, help.

carter4299

I just got a new Lenovo laptop with a R9 M275X 4gb, but it keeps using Intel HD Graphics. I try disabling the Intel Graphics but that just makes it worse. Ive downloaded the latest drivers and installed them. Some times my AMD Catalyst says there is not even an AMD graphics card on the computer. Is there any way to fix this, I was considering returning the computer because ive only had it a few days.

• Re: I just got a new Lenovo laptop with a R9 M275X 4gb, but it keeps using Intel HD Graphics, help.
          kingfish

If you have a new laptop, a few days old, you probably have a current driver. You can use system restore to a point before you borked the graphics drivers. Or....

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics must be the current version. Go to this Intel link, and manually ( do not use the Intel Driver Update Utility) find the latest graphics driver for your laptop, as pictured. Download and save it to your desktop. If you don't know which version of Intel graphics you have, look in device manager.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

laptop intel drivers.png

Download these AMD drivers to your desktop.

For Windows 8.1 or Windows 7

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.
          Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.
          NOTICE IMPORTANT:
          Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.
          Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Now install the Intel drivers first and lastly the AMD drivers.

NOTICE: If you do not want raptr/gaming evolved installed with your new drivers, select 'custom install' and uncheck the box for "gaming Evolved".

AMD.png