Getting the same glitch on DX11 with my 295x2 in crossfire mode.
I am getting the exact same name plate errors as well running two R9 270X cards in crossfire. Was running 15.4, tried the updated beta driver and still getting the same issues.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
The option to enable crossfire on applications with no associated profile means that the game, unfortunately, is not optimized as you can see with CF on. You can manually create the game profile within CCC under "3D App. Settings" >> "Add...". When you do this, you will have to experiment with which settings of CF works best, and fixes your flickering or corruptions.
For example, you can try AFR, Optimized 1x1 or try to find a similar game/engine in the predefined profiles available.
AFR tend to give the highest FPS, but usually present visual problems.
Optimized 1x1, might fix what AFR did but with a lower FPS.
You can also try changing the AA and AF mode in that setting screen.
This is going to be the hassle until a proper CF profile is released. Good luck, and let us know if you find out a good CF setting.
Just an update - this issue still exists with the 15.7 drivers. I have tried Crossfire profiles from several different games, as well as AFR and Optimized 1x1, with no improvement.
Having the same issue.
15.7 helped, but it is still happening.
Try disabling morphological filtering in CCC; that got rid of 90% of the observable issues I had with dual 270X, and I feel really stupid for not thinking of that sooner @.@ Will let you know if I find anything else that helps. Been following this thread for a while now.
Hovering over Morphological filtering says it only affects the desktop.
Am I missing something?
Majority of my settings are default.
It actually is supposed to say "full-screen application" I think.
Morphological filtering is an AA layer that smooths the entire screen and
not just the 3D visuals (hence my initial complaint with the UI and other
2D elements looking "blurry"). Sadly after some extended tests with
tweaking settings I haven't made much more progress than that; the graphics
gradually become more corrupted if the program doesn't crash outright.
I'm receiving the same issue with a Tri-Fire 290X setup; corrupted nameplates which can be corrected usually by "looking away and looking back" with the camera. I've switched to a single GPU by disabling Crossfire for now to help circumvent this problem, but that's sort of annoying the heck out of me since I've got two GPU's just hanging out doing nothing in the interim.
Problem persists across all the same driver versions you've mentioned, across all Crossfire profiles/modes I've tried so far (assuming the mode doesn't cause an outright crash, especially in 15.7) and when it -is- on, the performance does not scale nearly as well as it does in other titles, even other DX11 titles.
I have a 7990, all stock. No overclocks, Only thing I do is set power limit to 20% and fan speed to 100%.
Core i5 4690k OC'd to 4.4GHz
All 4 cores sitting around 70-80% usage.
Today I noticed my FPS randomly dropping by around 50%. Tabbing out, the GPU is only running at half speed.
A reboot fixed, but it went back to that a few minutes in.
Thought I had this fixed, but as I was typing this the speed cut in half again. See details below.
I installed Remote System Monitor to view performance with game fullscreen.
First thing I noticed is a huge difference in temps.
Core voltage: 1.17
Running consistently around 97C. ( I think it's time to invest in water cooling...) CCC has shown low 90's since I got the card.
950MHz Core; dropped to 500, and keeps jumping back and forth. I assume the high temps, but since it may be related to the issue I thought i'd post here.
Fan around 4030 RPM
Core voltage: 1.2
Staying around 77C.
Fan around 4350 RPM
Popping off the side panel to see if I can get those temps down a bit.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Not sure if this will help but so far got no nameplate bug running on R9 290x CrossFire.
Use AMD pre-defined profile -> CivilizationBE_DX11.exe
but only in full screen mode
Other setting I had is the following: (Don't think it matter but I post it up anyway)
Anti-Aliasing Mode Enhance application settings
Anti-Aliasing Samples Enhance application settings
Anti-Aliasing Method Supersampling
Morphological Filtering Off
Anisotropic Filtering Mo... Override application settings
Anisotropic Filtering Level 16x
Texture Filtering Quality High quality
Surface Format Optimiza... On
Frame Rate Control
Wait for Vertical Refresh Always on
OpenGL Triple Buffering On
Tessellation Mode AMD optimized
Maximum Tessellation L... AMD optimized
Frame Pacing On
AMD CrossFireX Mode Use AMD pre-defined profile
I don't claim that it will work for everyone but so far, it work for me. Still got more stuff to test and maybe there are better one than CivilizationBE_DX11.exe
If anyone found better one please share.
Did my daily today with these settings, so far so good. Will update if anything changes.
Good to see it working for you.
Did more testing does not appear that there are other AMD pre-defined profile for DX11 that would work. And all you needed is to change the profile in order to remove the name bug.
Well thank you very much guys. Finally got rid of the problem entirely for me, was starting to drive me beyond nuts.
Its ok, I know that feeling. Bugged me for sometime already.