7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2015 12:05 AM by navari

AMD r9 200 series black screen

paul_bodybuilder

Hello all My pc has been messed up for about a month and I believe it is a driver issue. I have tried everything like uninstalling and re installing the card and it may work temporarily but then the screen crashes and I was getting an error message saying amd driver stopped responding and recovered. Sometimes when I try reinstalling it I get an error message or the screen will work for a bit then crash. need help

• Re: AMD r9 200 series black screen
          navari

i have same problem,install and uninstall all version drivers but problem is not solved

please someone help us ))

Hardwood

Paul..

What exactly is your video card? There's a whole number of cards that fit the R9 200 series and each have different power requirements.

Now what exactly is your make/model of power supply?

Assuming you have a decent PSU, have you tried using DDU (display driver uninstaller) This is a great utility for cleaning up the current driver and starting fresh. Make sure to follow the directions carefully. Once done install the current WHQL driver for your OS and card.

If things are really bad, a nice fresh OS install can do wonders, especially after a month of pulling your hair out.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                navari

for example i have

grafic card-Sapphire Radeon R9 285 Compact OC with 550 watt power supply(cooler master g550m)

i used DDU and install different version of the driver Omega (14.12),15.6 Beta,14.9)

but problem not solved.

paul_bodybuilder

I've reinstalled/refreshed the os  dozens of times doesn't work, Now whenever I try to install the drivers from the website the screen goes black, Iv uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers dozens of times as well and have used ddu. The pc is working right now but is in very low resolution mode, no black screen but the main driver is not installed and wont install, a few weeks ago when I tried reinstalling I would just get a black screen crash minutes after.

Hardwood

So at this point it's highly likely to be a hardware issue.

Both you guys double check your PSU connections.

Unfortunately and unless someone comes up with a better idea.. This is what I WOULD DO. Suit yourself.

it's time to start swapping parts. Set mobo to defaults with latest BIOS then..

Replace GPU or PSU ( I don't care if the PSU is some fancy brand name as people have pulled their hair out by thinking their PSU was infallible NOT)

paul_bodybuilder

Ok so, Friday I somehow get the card to install after enough tries, works fine gaming all night Friday and Saturday, then Sunday afternoon I got the black screen crash, this has happened before like when I got it back from the store after they supposedly fixed it then crashed like a day and a half later, at this point could it be some sort of virus?