1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 26, 2015 11:25 AM by black_zion

Defective FX 8370e processor

jward520

I made the mistake of buy an FX-8370e processor offered at a discount by an ebay seller. Dumb move. After a multitude of problems with the upgrade build using a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 mobo, 16GB of Crucial Ballistix RAM and Samsung 850Pro SSD, I yanked the FX processor after reading that the board also supported AM3 proc's.  So in went the Athlon II X2 240 that is 6 years old, one that was going to be relegated to some other use like maybe an NAS. The ebay seller's return policy, which I didn't read, stated he wouldn't accept returns since he isn't an authorized dealer. 

The 'puter is running fine and is a definite improvement over the old 32-bit setup, but a functional FX proc would be nice since I do a lot of work with images on Lightroom and such.

I already chewed out ebay for allowing that crap, promising never to buy techie items from them again. Since the 30-day window had expired, they wouldn't help me with any guarantee.

So the question is...should I bother asking AMD if they'd replace it? And how did that nefarious seller his mitts on that proc??