AnsweredAssumed Answered

Windows 10, Omega 15.5, VSR enabled but can not select higher resolutions in Games

Question asked by dabigloosa on Jun 25, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 25, 2015 by kingfish

Hello everybody,

I already searched the internet but seems that I can not find help on this, so I will ask my question here

So, basically I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview, I know hat the Omega 15.5 is not really the official driver for this OS, but I can install it and it works great so far.

However, I am having some issues when it comes to VSR. I can enable the VSR tickbox on my R9 290X and I also see higher than native resolutions for my two monitors within the OS. One of them has a resolution of 1920x1200 and the other one has a 1680x1050, but on both I could use VSR up to 2560x1600 on the desktop.

Now, In some games I am absolutely not able to chose the higher than native resolutions in the settings. It works ok on all Blizzard games, SC2, Diablo3, Hearthstone etc. But for the games I play most, it seems that I can only be able to select the native resolution of my screen. In Battlefield 3 I can not go higher than the native resolution and also not in Witcher 3. Same applies to Medal Of Honor Warfighter which I just installed to test and Max Payne 3.

[Update: basically NO OTHER game than the Blizzard Games show different resolutions besides the native and lower resolutions. Why???]

When I search through the internet, I see that people use VSR with these games which do not offer me the higher resolution, so something must be wrong here I assume. It also is strange that it works for some games, but not all.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Message was edited by: Martin Wan

Outcomes