2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2015 10:29 AM by theacclaimed

Perfomance issues after update

cembos

Hi all,

I have made an update for my mobile HD 7600m card.  At first i thought my laptop performed a lot better, smoother loading on the net, looking at pics and movies, etc.

However, when i started to play a game (Neverwinter) which i could play almost at full blast in graphics (the only thing i lowered was anti-aliasing), it stutters and slows down dramaticly in big group situations (a lot of npc/other players) or when al lot af action is happening in my screen.

Why? I mean, shouldn't an update improve performance?

I am asking u all for a fix. Or, if it is not available, how do i go back to the old situation? Cuz frankly, i am very disappointed by this.

Cheers,

C

• Re: Perfomance issues after update
          kingfish

In device manager, display,  roll back the drivers to the previous ones.

• Re: Perfomance issues after update
            theacclaimed

However, when i started to play a game (Neverwinter) which i could play almost at full blast in graphics (the only thing i lowered was anti-aliasing), it stutters and slows down dramatically in big group situations (a lot of npc/other players) or when al lot af action is happening in my screen.

If this only happens in areas with lots of other players onscreen, then the issue is not related to the graphics card at all. This is a CPU bottleneck occurring and happens even in high end systems. The CPU is having to label all the other players on screen and track their positioning as they move around in relation to you moving around. In doing so, this introduces slowdown in the form of much lower frame rates in the in-game towns.

Anyone who plays MMOs would know exactly what I'm talking about.