1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 22, 2016 7:58 AM by amdmatt

R9 270X Vapor-X: Vertical lines(that cover the entire screen while gaming)(Vertical lines of death). Is it my GPU?

lordxephius

Hello guys! So around 3 weeks ago I recieved back an r9 270x from an RMA I did of a 280x which was giving me problems shown in this video: My r9 280x problems - YouTube . So after around 5 days of no problems I start to see a weird issue with the card I got back, sometimes while playing any game, the whole screen would instantly show vertical stripes of lines of color similar to the image that was currently being rendered. The issue can happen anywhere from 5min to even 3/4 hours of playing. underclocking seemed to help delay the problem, but now it doesnt even make a difference. Ive done clean installations of all of my drivers, and everything else besides gaming works fine from what ive seen. I have heard that the Radeon HD 5xxx series cards have had a problem like this before called VSOD or "vertical screen of death", if anyone knows anything about that please be sure to let me know. Thanks for your time! I will list my basic specs here:

CPU: i5-4460 @ 3.2 ghz

MB: ASRock H97M Pro4

GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 270X Vapor-X 2GB  OC(with boost)

PSU: XFX TS: 550W PSU 80+ Bronze PSU

MB BIOS: ?

VBIOS: ?

Drivers: Catalyst 15.5 Beta Drivers