0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2015 5:01 AM by daws0n

Outputting component video from 7 pin s-video output (HD series GPU)

daws0n

I am building a small HT PC from old parts that needs to output component video to my TV (it has no HDMI support.)

Computer is built, and I have installed a HD 2600 XT graphics card. Same one as reviewed here:

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT Graphics Card  Review - ComputerShopper.com

I have just recieved a genuine 7 pin ATI S-Video>component convertor in the post (part number 6110017600), but am having problems getting a good picture. Component output is detected but there is no blue colour. If I disconnect the blue component lead, nothing happens to the picture - it remains mis coloured. Therefore I do not think the graphics card's pin output is compatible with the adapter I have bought. There are other 3rd party adapters on eBay, but they need to be imported and there's no guarantee of compatibility.

Since the HD 2/3/4 series cards are cheap to buy used I don't mind buying another - but I would like to make sure before hand that ATI's official adapter has the correct wiring as I figure the pin out must vary between vendors? If someone could suggest a compatible lowered PCI-E card, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks

Dawson

FYI, the wiring on the adapter I have matches what is written here:

http://krhainos.tk/yprpbdell.jpg

1- green

2 - blue

3 - red