1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 22, 2015 3:32 PM by misko1546

290x (Still Negative Crossfire Scaling)

misko1546

Hey ppl,

I am still having issues with crossfire for my 290x CF. I have tried the fixes suggested by amd as well as people on the web but no luck.

I am able to run the game all ultra and distant foliage at high and i get 55-90 fps with a single 290x (this includes tessellation fix for amd and hairworks)

Turning the second gpu on and I get 40-50 fps no matter what settings I use, it cant go above 50fps. My little brothers computer who is running a 6990 also lags.

Before the drivers were released I thought yep need drivers for CF. I tried new drivers on that setup as well and same performance, very bad even on all low, game is at 30-40 FPS on all low on that

system and a 6990 is not a bad card and should be able to handle the game on high.

I have a 5820k CPU, maybe can be a driver glitch with a particular cpu.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

Regards,

George

• Re: 290x (Still Negative Crossfire Scaling)
          misko1546

OK guys silly me and apologize for found the issue, was on boarder full screen and not full screen :/

Changed to full screen and fixed right away, has minor flickering, nothing annoying.

I still have questions to raise for the 6990. What performance is expected of it? The game on my lil bros PC cannot get above 60fps

on all low which I think is clearly not right. I haven't patched the game on that PC yet so maybe this the issue? I was assuming the 6990

will be able to push medium - high. PC  has older Gen i7.,

Regards,

George