2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2016 10:42 AM by tomtalk24

FX8350 CPU - Bulldozer or Piledriver?

mrcat

Hey folks,

I'm confused as I just bought an AMD FX8350 CPU from Amazon, yet to arive.
      On the adverts details it says this is a bulldozer CPU yet when I google it I generally get info saying that it's a piledriver.

Can anyone clarify whether there are different versions of the 8350, or whether this is perhaps a missprint on amazon?

Cheers.

• Re: FX8350 CPU - Bulldozer or Piledriver?
          mrcat

I'd still like to know out of curiosity, but really I'm surprised admin took exactly 6 months to approve this thread....blimey.

• Re: FX8350 CPU - Bulldozer or Piledriver?
              tomtalk24

Bulldozers are Zambezi code named chips. They are FX x1xx or x2xx like the FX6100

Piledriver are Vishera code named chips. They are FX x3xx + like the FX6300

Piledriver it is I don't think the computers posting the items on the website even know what it is. They are famed for mistakes, particularly with pricing. The 1p sale etc.

Did you receive an email/notification today saying your post has been approved? Its possible its just been lost or forgotten. The sites being worked on at the moment.

1 of 1 people found this helpful