3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2015 1:50 AM by hatembenyahmed

GTA 5 - AMD HD7700M

treecgaming

Hello AMD community,

My problem here is that my graphics card does not run GTA 5 properly.

How did I found out?

After I bought and installed the game from steam, I tried to run it. It didn't launch and asked me to run in safe mode. I tried that withouth succes. I went to rockstar support, they gave me some tips that didn't work.

Does GTA 5 run?

In the beginning, it didn't. After 3 days of searching the internet, I found a sollution, that doesn't work great. I changed my "settins.xml" file of gta 5, that it ran on DirectX 10, because that should fix it. It didn't quite do that. I also had to put GTAV.exe on power saver to run it.

Can you run it withouth power saving?

No. ( this needs to be fixed by somebody ASAP )

Tried to run it on DirectX 9

Yes, same result as DirectX 10 with more lag.

The game runs on DirectX 10, so what?

The game runs, but crashes randomly during the game. Also, there are major lag issues due the fact it's running on power saver.

And the worst part is, the game crahses when you into a garage which causes the game to crash over and over everytime you try to play the game again.

Who's fault is this?

assuming AMD's graphics card, because it needs to run in power saver to work, also, it does support it, because it passes the minimum requirements. GTA does run on most systems, so why not on this card. It's also not intel's fault, because there are more pc's with intel + AMD cominations and those will work with gta 5.

Can you run it on your cpu alone?

Kinda, with MAJOR lag, So not really playable.

Are there other people with this problem?

Yes, I've seen a few.

What PC's does this affect?
      As far as I know, the Dell Inspiron 15r SE (7520) which I own has this issue. Not many pc's have the HD7700M series, that's why I'm asking for some attention.

I paid 60 euro's to play a game, create drivers that work with the HD7700M.

Anyone with further questions/feedback is welcome!

• Re: GTA 5 - AMD HD7700M
          kingfish

You left out one more possibility....you have not installed the graphics driver properly and have borked the 'switchable' program Dell has applied.

So I am going to ask you if you have been to Windows Update and installed 'optional' updates.

Please correct any of the "fixes" you have tried.

Understand that even high powered desktop computers have problems with that game.

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics should be the current version. Go to this Intel link, and manually ( do not use the Intel Driver Update Utility) find the latest graphics driver for your laptop, as pictured. Download and save it to your desktop. If you don't know which version of Intel graphics you have, look in device manager.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

laptop intel drivers.png

Download these AMD drivers to your desktop.

For Windows 8.1 or Windows 7

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT:

***Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.

*** Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Now install the Intel drivers first and lastly the AMD drivers.

NOTICE: If you do not want raptr/gaming evolved installed with your new drivers, select 'custom install' and uncheck the box for "gaming Evolved".

AMD.png