AnsweredAssumed Answered

No Signal After Graphic Card Upgrade

Question asked by batara1 on Jun 19, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 19, 2015 by infodude

I have a HP-Pavilion with a core7 cpu that's about 5 years old. I use a Radeon 5750 on a PCIW 2.0 slot with a 600w power supply and dedicated wire running to power the card. I never had any problems. Last week I bought a Radeon R7 250 (2gb, PCIE 3.0)  I uninstalled the 5750 and uninstalled the drivers, I installed the drivers that came with the disk, removed the 5750 and installed the Radeon R7 250, the monitior indicates NO SIGNAL and turns black. Thinking it was a bad card I returned it and bought a Radeon R7 260 (2gb PCIE 3.0), I uninstalled the 5750 and uninstalled the drivers, I installed the drivers that came with the disk, removed the 5750 and installed the Radeon R7 260, the monitior indicates NO SIGNAL and turns black. I tried booting in safe mode, still no signal. I put the Radeon 5750 back in and it worked right away. I uninstalled it again, removed the drivers, installed the lasted AMD drivers from online and removed the Radeon 5750 and reinstalled the Radeon R7 260. Again, no signal and black screen (the fan on the card is spinning). Does anyone know what is wrong. Could the PCIE 3.0 card be incompatible with the CPE/Motherboard?

Outcomes