5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2016 2:29 PM by amdmatt

Problem with installing drivers for Radeon 7730M

smithbdt

I have Dell Inspiron 7520 SE with a Radeon 7730M running Windows 7 64 bit.  I've been running the same old video drivers since 2012, so I felt it was time for an upgrade.  I used the AMD website to find that this is the appropriate driver bundle to download:  Mobile .  This installed a new version of the Catalyst Control Centre on my laptop and has caused no end of problems.  Once I finished the installation and restarted, I received a notification that there were no AMD drivers present.  My video card would not work.  Also, I could not open the Catalyst Control Centre at all.  I have a driver back on (I installed the same old one I started with), but Catalyst still refuses to open and I do not know if I can switch my graphics between my integrated card and my GPU.  Also, I now get a notification that kdbsync.exe has stopped working.

How can I obtain the latest video drivers for my 7730M?  How can I get Catalyst to work?  How can I do any of this without creating a chain reaction that leads to me destroying my computer?

• Re: Problem with installing drivers for Radeon 7730M
          kingfish

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics should be the current version. Go to this Intel link, and manually ( do not use the Intel Driver Update Utility) find the latest graphics driver for your laptop, as pictured. Download and save it to your desktop. If you don't know which version of Intel graphics you have, look in device manager.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

laptop intel drivers.png

Download these AMD drivers to your desktop.

For Windows 8.1 or Windows 7

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT:

***Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.

*** Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Now install the Intel drivers first and lastly the AMD drivers.

NOTICE: If you do not want raptr/gaming evolved installed with your new drivers, select 'custom install' and uncheck the box for "gaming Evolved".

AMD.png

smithbdt

I've tried to do this a number of times to no avail.  I can install the Intel driver and everything works well; however, as soon as I install the AMD driver and restart I get the error message that no AMD driver is present or the AMD driver is not working properly.  I checked dxdiag and it does not appear to detect the AMD driver.

smithbdt

In addition to my previous email, I do not have an option to uninstall my Intel graphics driver from the Uninstall a Program list.  I currently have the 2015 AMD driver installed and I noticed something in the Device Manager.  The AMD card is shown as working with the 2015 driver, but the Intel HD 4000 graphics are shown as not working because Windows cannot load the drivers needed. The Intel graphics are shown as using an AMD driver from 2012, not an Intel driver. 

Should I uninstall the 2012 AMD driver using the Device Manager?

eranishere

I'm having the same issues, I can't believe how bad the support from dell is. The last graphics driver version on their site is 4 years old.