6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2015 1:04 PM by tgp1994

Catalyst 15.4 driver crashed - monitor has permenantly burned in image?

tgp1994

Hi everyone,

I am (or was) the proud owner of an AOC q2963pm monitor, connected to my HIS R9 270x graphics card via HDMI. I was playing Fallout 3 on this particular monitor for awhile, when I decided to alt tab out and use my browser. Just then the display driver crashed, so I figured I'd reboot to let things clear up. However, while my PC was rebooting, I could see my game screen superimposed on the windows loading screen, as if it was burned in. I thought this was impossible for LCD/LED monitors, so I tried everything I could think of to troubleshoot, from resetting the monitor to trying a different cable to connect to my graphics card. Nothing fixed the problem, and what was even more scary was the fact that the image was still present even when the monitor was not receiving input.

At any rate, I contacted AOC and they graciously provided a return shipping label to replace the monitor... for free. But can anyone here explain how this would have happened exactly when the display driver crashed? Maybe it was some sort of fluke in the monitor?