3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2015 9:36 AM by gingernator_x

Sapphire R9 290 Causing Computer to Restart?

gingernator_x

I just recently picked up a Radeon R9 290 and a Corsair CX750M PSU and after I put them both in I was met with random restarts that come out of no where. When i try and run a game it will restart as well. So i replaced my gpu with the old crappy model and it does not run off of my psu then it works just fine. But then when i hook up the Radeon again it crashes. I then though it was my RAM stick i put in and it ran great for about an hour then it restarted again. So i have no idea what is going on. Speccy and such are telling me that it is running at 50C so the temp seems fine. when it starts back up i am told that it was a mini dump with the following info:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 124

BCP1: 0000000000000000

BCP2: FFFFFA80080EE4F8

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: 0000000000000000

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\061515-23275-01.dmp

C:\Users\Ryan Cornelius\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-34429-0...

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=1...

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

If anyone can help me i would be very happy. I do not want to have to buy a new gpu or cpu i am hoping it is something simple but i am guessing it is not x.x

• Re: Sapphire R9 290 Causing Computer to Restart?
          amdmatt

Hi gingernator_x,

Is your CPU overclocked? From just a very brief look at your BSOD message it looks as if the problem could be caused by your cpu. If you have your CPU or Memory overclocked, please restore Factory Default Bios settings, or remove your overclock!

What Catalyst Drivers and what Operating System are you currently using?

Although it's possible, it's quite rare for a GPU to cause a BSOD message.

kingfish

Did you use a program like DDU to remove all traces of the old graphics card before installing the new graphics card and it's drivers?

gingernator_x

it is not overclocked from what I see. I have not touched the computers clocking since I got since I know nothing about it. And from what others are telling me Cyberpower does not overclock. It is AMD catalyst as welll. My OS states that it is a 64bit. Though that is just reading it off from the system itself. Sorry I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to the down and dirty part of the computer yet. It is an AMD FX-4300 Quad Core 3.8ghz 64bit 12 gig of ram. From talking to someone they said it sounded like I had a faulty GPU being that I can boot in Safe Mode and not have it restart on me. But the moment I switch to regular boot it locks up anywhere from 5 to 30 min and then restarts.

I had indeed ran DDU to remove all traces then put in the new graphics card and installed all drivers. I tried that several times as well