2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2015 1:49 AM by sabariboss

R9280X fan problem

sabariboss

Hi Guys I am using MSI AMD R9280X TF OC EDITION for the past two years my left side of the fan wasn't spinning properly while playing witcher 3 wild hunt game suddenly I noticed my temperature getting too high. Then I removed it & applied thermal compound, I can able to see the left side of the fan contains some sort of ic in it & the right side of fan was dummy. I just removed the left side of the fan bearing & oiled it now it was spinning properly. But I am not sure how long it gonna work I need to buy that left side of the fan only.. Where can I find it pls help me guys..

• Re: R9280X fan problem
          amdmatt

The best place to look for spare parts is Ebay. Perhaps you will find someone selling a similar, but faulty gpu.

Is the card still within warranty? If so that will count as a fault so should be returned for repair or replacement, assuming the fan stops working again.

• Re: R9280X fan problem
              sabariboss

Ya still I am having warranty for this gpu. I am living in India & I bought this gpu in online market flipkart, I called my online seller twice he told me to look into the pamplet for warranty details it's states me Taiwan. Then again I took my gpu to a retailer shop in our city & asked them twice they told me they won't send any product related for warranty from other sellers & Finally he told MSI doesn't have a service centre in India it's in Taiwan only it will cost me around rs:5000/- indian rupees. And finally I made my decision myself to make it work