My configuration is Asus P8Z77-V LX MOBO, Ati CrossfireX support, Intel Core i5-3450 (HD 2500), W7Pro
Now I use it with two monitors in extended mode
1. LG Flatron IPS234, HDMI/DVI/D-SUB (http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-IPS234V-led-monitor)
2. LG L1718S, D-SUB (very old) (http://www.lg.com/ca_en/monitors/lg-L1718S-lcd-monitor)
I'd like to enlarge this configuration to support 4 monitors. I only use it for work, heavy multitasking, no eyefinity or game support needed.
The additional monitors might have
3. 22"-24" with DVB-C, HDMI/DVI/D-SUB
4. some older 17"-19", D-SUB
One of the 22"-24" could be in portrait mode.
My questions are
1. Can I use the onboard Intel HD2500 together with an external card to support 4 monitor environment? If yes, what cheap card do you recommend?
2. If not, can I use two video cards to support 4 monitor environment? If yes, what cheap card do you recommend?
3. Where can I find documentation about setting up a non-gaming multi-monitor environment?
Thank you in advance.