1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 13, 2015 7:11 AM by moirae

XFX Radeon R9 295x2 HDMI Audio Crackling Solution

vinny

Hi, I've seen a lot of people with crackling audio issues. This can be fixed by using the built-

I'm using Windows 8.1 64-bit with my AMD Radeon R9 295X2 Hydra Edition - R9-295X-8QFA

When using the HDMI audio with the AMD High Definition Audio Device Driver(the driver that comes with Catalyst Control Center) I hear crackling and audio corruption. For me, the audio issues appear to be constant, not only during certain games or only when using v-sync.

To fix this, use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.3.0.1 ) in Safe Mode to uninstall CCC. Then download the CCC installer from AMD, and install using "Custom" mode. During the install, you'll see a list of checkboxes for which features you'd like to install, uncheck HDMI Audio Driver, finish the installation and reboot.

For me, this fixed the crackling issue. You'll be using the built-in Windows High Definition Audio Device Driver, which supports only 16-bit audio, so this isn't an ideal solution. Ideally, AMD would fix their audio driver.