13 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2015 1:51 AM by canis-x

Kudos to the moderator team

kingfish

Those that have followed AMD's struggle with the (unnamed) hosting company site are aware the 'new' site is so much better. More importantly, the engagement of AMD technical personal with the AMD user forum has lifted the spirits of even the long time skeptics/detractors "AMD doesn't care"  ..'Why don't they frequent the 'support' forum?' ray_m has been a consistent source for us. He is the one , in a corporate environment, who stands between 'Management' and the buyer (us) and asks our questions for us to the powers-that-be . Thanks ray_m and amdmatt for stepping up.

And forgive me my trespasses

• Re: Kudos to the moderator team
          backFireX64

There will always be people whining about something, spamming or trolling in one way or another. And that applies to most forum communities, even on the most strict ones. It is only natural, though it gets really sad sometimes.

But, there will also be people that step up and deliver their support and also appreciate and respect other people's hard work or simply care to listen their humble thoughts and opinions.

This new forum structure is an excellent new first step towards the future of communication and customer support for AMD, and though it sure has it's initial problems, it will only get better with time and effort. And some love from us too, may i add.

It is really nice to see more AMD reps and mods participating and communicating with us users, so i strongly back up your post @kingfish and kudos to you for appreciating and respecting the good work as well ! 1

3 of 3 people found this helpful
            amdmatt

Thanks Kingfish, appreciate the kind words. Myself and Ray are here to stay, so we'll be on hand as much as we can to keep things in check. At the moment we're trying to manage the spam issue with moderation and a few other tricks.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                kingfish

Lynerd Skinner in the background eases the troubled soul...

savagebeastzero

jtrudeau, ray_m and the rest of the AMD™ team directly involved with the success of the changeover,

I truly agree with the sentiment of this thread and am impressed on a daily basis in regards to exactly how much improvement has been made over the past month, I've been fairly vocal about how fantastic of a job the AMD™ team has done since the changeover, yet you're all much more deserving of digital high five. The site went from something I couldn't even access (across multiple automatically deleted accounts) for years, to a fully functional environment in under thirty days...simply impressive. The difficulties behind such a large undertaking really can't be downplayed or even understood by many unless they've been involved in a similar project of this magnitude and I commend the entire AMD™ team for showing everyone from the AMD™ community to AMD™ corporate exactly what can be done with your dedication and commitment. You've all made me excited about what's to come because, you've proven your abilities to execute your statements.

amdmatt

I decided that you specifically deserved a personal show of appreciation of which, I guarantee others would agree with, not only here in the AMD™ forums but, also in Overclockers3D, OverclockersUK, bittech, TomsHardware and well....truly your list of positive influence across the net is far too vast to mention them all. Your dedication to not only AMD™ but, to the entire AMD™ community on a daily basis is something of an enigma in this day and age of selfishness. You have offered a wealth of knowledge to the community at large without asking nor expecting anything in return at a moments notice. I seldom see a question specifically directed at you that goes unanswered, that shows great character. Although I can't offer you a materialistic gift as payment, nor a golden plaque, I can say thank you for everything I've personally learned from you over the years. If nothing else, you can take great pleasure in knowing that you've had a personal hand in creating another individual who now possesses a frighteningly copious amount of information and intends to follow suit, providing it to anyone that requests it, all the while showing them kindness and respect. I personally know I'm not the only one who you've had an influence on in this way and I'm sure not the last.

So in closing to you all, keep up the great work and have a fantastic weekend!

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                  ray_m

Thanks guys.

Appreciative users like you and comments like these make it all worth it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    canis-x

WOW, this place has changed a lot!!!  Good job AMD!!  This is going to take some getting used to but definitely leaps and bounds over the old one by a long shot!!!

Congrats!!

Canis-X

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      Vantharas

Yep I really appreciate the fact we have active mods now its so nice