10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2015 2:54 PM by backFireX64

BSOD & 'Catalyst 'Omega'

scanman

I did not realize there were different groups and had posted this under "Other Software" with just one response so I will try here.

Computer is a HP DV7-6163cl laptop had to replace the motherboard and reinstall drivers.

Laptop has:

Intel i7  core with 16gb memory  running Win7Pro 64bit. Graphic are Radeon 6770Ms. I guess this unit has switchable  graphics between Intel Graphics or AMD Radeon but have never figured out how you switch between the two or if it is done automatically..

I will keep this short.

After installing and moving the processor etc. to the new motherbrd it was time to reinstall drivers.

There are at least 7 graphics drivers on HP site for this model number. Do not know which one to use so downloaded the new Radeon Mobile Omgea Catalyst from AMD site and installed. The laptop used to have CCC on the program listing. But after installing the new OMEGA driver there is no more CCC panel or program listing.

The graphics seem to work, just no CCC Center installed. Everything seems to work but get frequent BSOD always with the

Error:  “Attempted to reset the display driver and recover from time-out failed.”  No pattern to when it does it.

Do I need to install the graphics switching driver from HP.  One comment I got said to install the Intel Graphics driver first before CCC Omega. Is this correct?

How far back do I go to get a driver that is stable?

The are lots of comments on Google about this error, could be bad memory etc.(new).

BSOD Error always graphics timeout related no other BSOD error.

Any Ideas????

ScanMan