5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2015 10:22 AM by savagebeastzero

Dual graphics with multiple video cards?

arays

So I am running the A10 7580K with a R7 250 2G OC. I am interested in upgrading. Kinda waiting for AMD to support dual graphics with a higher end card. But I am wondering if it is possible or plausible to buy another 250 (identical) and crossfire the cards AND still utilize the APUs' GPU in with Dual Graphics. Searched about as much as I could on this website and could not find an answer. Got some other questions in regards but if this is not a possible option then I guess the other question would be irrelevant. Anyone have any ideas or advice about where to find out more info? Thank you much

• Re: Dual graphics with multiple video cards?
          savagebeastzero

Hey arays,

It is possible to crossfire two R7 250's but, you would then lose your dual graphics abilities and there's no possible way to run them all in a three way crossfire/Dual graphics configuration. There would be a fairly substantial gain from crossfiring two R7 250's in comparison to your dual graphics set-up but, if you're considering that instead, I would recommend you spending another extra $20-40 and buy a more potent graphics solution like an R9 270(x) which, would vastly out perform dual R7 250's and also, eliminate the compatibility problems that tend to coincide with doing so as well. After selling the R7 250, the cost would be roughly be same overall as the cost of one R7 250.

If there's anything else I can answer for you, feel free to ask.

AMD Community PSU.jpg

• Re: Dual graphics with multiple video cards?
            arays

Wow thanks for fast reply since u offered, I do have another question I could use help with. I had various problems when ordering a cpu cooler, picked 4 before I got one that didn't sell out before I ccould buy it or was 2 weeks behind cause of shipping location. Anyway I got the cooler master hyper tx3 and did not install it because it's AM3 socket, currently using stock heatsink :/ I have been reading it's compatible with my fm2+ cpu and I could have been using it the whole time. Kinda concerned the contract plate won't match though. Do you know if they are truly compatible??