3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2015 7:59 AM by black_zion

R9 280x failing to make 3 monitors work at the same time

rizon

GPU:Sapphire Vapor-X R9 280X Tri-X edition

Recently i got a new TV (1366x768) and I tried connection it as a 3rd monitor (the other 2 monitors are 1920*1080 but are not identical), i can set up 2 of the 3 monitors without an issue but when I try to enable the third one on CCC it tells me I have to disable one of the currently enabled screens, when using Windows screen manager it wont let me save the settings unless I disable one of the monitors.

The monitors are connected as followed:

TV(1366x768)(not sure about the frequency)- DisplayPort to HDMI (Passive adapter)(LG 32LN5120 32-inch LED Television)

Main Screen(1920x1080)(60Hz)- HDMI to HDMI(Samsung S24D360HL LED 24'')

Second Screen(1920x1080)(60Hz)- DVI-I to DVI-I(not at home and cant remember the exact model)

I've tried on multiple driver versions including the newest ones and no luck.

Just a note: i don't want to use eyefinity, I just want to extend my desktop.

I've been trying to find a solution online for a while now but other than people saying i should buy an active adapter for the displayport->hdmi(which i will buy if it's the only fix) i couldn't find anything that worked.

Thanks in advance.