AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lots of bugs with Beta 15.5 and R9 270

Question asked by alex_aaa789 on Jun 9, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 29, 2015 by thedancingpanda

After I updated to Beta 15.4 for Grand Theft Auto V optimization, there are many bugs that happened. Firstly in GTA V, there are artifacts no matter what settings I tried.2015-05-31_00002.jpg
They are completely random and only occur on a single texture every time. I tried increasing fan speed and it never exceed 70C, but those artifacts still appear. It should be a driver issue, as it never happened in any other games, except ETS2 for once when I was using a older beta driver. I also browse with Firefox and when I watch videos usually on Facebook, the driver will stop responding and restart. It rarely occurs however.

But after I updated to 15.5 Beta drivers, things get extremely worse and it feels like my card is completely broken. First of all, the drivers crash while watching Facebook videos on Firefox, and it occurs even more frequently, like at least once every day. The artifacts in GTA V still appear and looks more aggressive. Now in Assetto Corsa, I see artifacts in the sky but never appear again after I restart. Those frequent bugs start to worry me.

Seems that it is not really the problem with the temperature (or is it related to my Intel i5-4440 which reaches 67C max in GTA V?), but more likely the drivers. Should I RMA my card or wait for new drivers? Those bugs never occur when I use WHQL drivers, but they are released like annually and quite outdated.

Last thing is that does anyone know how to change the resolution of the Windows 8.1 startup loading screen? After updating MSI BIOS from M.10 to M.50 (which improved AMD GPU compatitability), my main monitor which is native 1920x1080 uses 1600x900 (which is the native resolution of my second monitor), making the windows and loading icon blurry. But it goes 1920x1080 at the login screen. It never happened before I updated the BIOS. Unplugging each monitor and reboot did not solve the problem.

Reinstalling the beta drivers even with Display Driver Uninstaller did not help to solve the problems at all.

I appreciate anyone looking into the problem and help solving it. Thanks.

EDIT: Here are my specs:

Mobo - MSI H81M-E34 LGA1150 Micro ATX

CPU - Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz

RAM - Kingston 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz

GPU - MSI Radeon R9 270 GAMING 2GB GDDR5 OC

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Disc - Asus DRW-24D3ST/BLK/B/AS

Case - Cooler Master N300 ATX

PSU - Antec HCG 520W 80Plus Bronze

OS - Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Monitor - AOC 2461w 1920x1080 (Primary) Lenovo L2021 1600x900 (Secondary)

EDIT 2: After updating to 15.6, things have not yet changed. Drivers still "Not responding and recovered" while watching HTML5 videos.

EDIT 3: 15.7 seems to have fixed the crashing problems. I'll report back if there is any crash again.

Outcomes