10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2015 1:38 AM by penguinbasher

Problem with R9 270X when playing LoL

penguinbasher

I recently upgraded from a 6870 to R9 270X, and when playing league I am getting A LOT of screen flickering, it seems like part of the map is flickering, running down lane and I get a bit of tear. I have no problems like this in any other game, and it's really frustrating to be playing and have a sudden flicker/screen tear happen. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 14.12 drivers, but I haven't done the 15.5 drivers yet. Should I try these drivers?

• Re: Problem with R9 270X when playing LoL
          moonstar

This is more than likely a monitor problem instead of gpu.  I run an Asus VN247H-P 24" monitor with a XFX R9 270x @ 1080p.  I get the screen tear across the screen, usually about 1/2" to 1" from the bottom of the screen.  Turning on VSync in game and in CCC solved this problem for me.  It also fixed abnormal flickering.

penguinbasher

Yea I have v-sync on. I don't think it's my monitor because it doesn't happen in any other game except league of legends. My second monitor has 0 screen flickering at all. I've posted a thread on the lol tech support forums too.

savagebeastzero

Hey penguinbasher,

This isn't a monitor issue, otherwise it would be prevalent in other games/software. As you mentioned above, attempt to update to driver version 15.5 by following this guide Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers and after you are complete, ensure that your Catalyst Control Center League of Legends profile settings match the below example to eliminate any issues that may be present (if any) there. Once finished, update us as to the status of your situation, whether successfully or unsuccessfully remedied and we'll move on from there. Good luck.

Thanks

lolccc.jpg

AMD Community PSU.jpg

penguinbasher

I finished another game with the updated drivers (15.5), changed settings and the flickering is reduced but I still get it a few times per match. what should I do now?

savagebeastzero

Many times a re-installation of the software will remedy issues such as this that, could have been created due to receiving errors during patch(s) installations. Which is the case more times than not. With that being said, although I can't guarantee this will be the definitive fix, it should most assuredly be your next step in troubleshooting. Ensuring the backbone itself isn't the issue, since you have now eliminated a possible driver conflict/error by performing a clean install.

With that being said in terms of the fundamental backbone, could you perhaps answer the following questions as well, to enable a clearer perspective on your rig. There is always the possibility that perhaps, it could be a deeper underlying issue. So if you could answer the questions below and immediately re-install League of Legends, I can brood over your components for a bit while you are accomplishing the former thus, eliminating that as a potential problem and possibly a resolution.

Thanks

AMD Community Request Specs.jpg

Cornugon

Try updating you version of Dosbox. I've not played it for quite a while, but the last time I did, Lands of Lore ran quite well