0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2015 7:14 PM by silversteel

Catalyst 15.5 Beta Driver Killed my PC?

silversteel

So, today I decided I would try out the new beta driver, seeing as it's supposed to improve performance in The Witcher 3, which I have been playing a lot lately. After installing the new driver, I proceeded to try out the game and see what difference it made. Not even 5 minutes into playing, the game freezes and denies all attempts to ctrl+alt+delete, alt+f4, and the like. Therefore, I am forced to hold down the power button on the computer and restart it. However, it refuses to display anything on screen. Troubleshooting, I shut it down via the power button again and completely disconnect power for a time. Restarting it after this yields little, as it now will display the BIOS or boot-up screen, but it will always freeze in a matter of seconds.

My computer set-up is as follows (going from memory as I can't access Windows anymore)

CPU: AMD Phenom x6

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950

Storage: 250GB Samsung EVO ssd and 1TB hdd

What exactly is going on here? Hardware failure? Or did this beta driver manage to screw up things this badly? Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this.