7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2015 3:27 PM by 4image

Bad Drivers?? - Going in circles

4image

I'm in real trouble here folks. I have a ton of work to do and have been working on this since last night to no avail. Pulling my hair out.

First off my PC was fine until AMD pop up  appeared prompting me to update.

AMD suggested that I upgrade my driver via sys tray. So I click on it. It started to update, screen flickered, etc etc. Then it said reboot., I did. When the desktop came back everything was super huge and all over the place.

I went into device manager. It says no driver installed. Another message popped up from AMD telling me again, to download the latest driver. This is where the loop begins.

AMD recommends and installs driver 14.501.1003.0 which does nothing.

IN device manager,  if I right click and let windows find the driver, it dates the driver back to 10/24/2011 Driver 8.892.1.1000, which is a windows 32bit driver from what I can find. This somewhat works, but causes random crashing with multiple programs. (This did not happen before)

Obviously windows does not know best. So I go though the loop again and download the latest windows 64 version from AMD. Right back in the same position. Everything big and messed up and no driver installed. The pop up comes up again from AMD telling me there's a new driver. LOOP,LOOP,LOOP. I've done this about six times today. None Of these drivers work and my machine is useless right now.

"General Tab - message...Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

I tried a restore point, but that doesn't work either. It has some kind of error and can not restore.

I really need help.  Have a web dev deadline next week and it's not looking good.

HP Pavilion

Windows 7 64bit

AMD A-43420 APU Radeon HD 2.8

AMD HD radeon 6410D  graphics card