AnsweredAssumed Answered

GTA V - Cutscene issues on an R9 285

Question asked by mwnn on Jun 5, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 10, 2015 by kingfish

Any other R9 285 owners experience weird graphical artifacts during the in-game cutscenes? (mainly ones which take place outdoors)

The previous frame(s) is spread across the current one when camera movement occurs.

Normal interactive gameplay is unaffected.

I've taken a few screenshots here:

GTA V screenshots

There's also a video uploaded by someone else (very severe example) and a reddit post:

GTA 5 Graphics Problem (R9 285) - YouTube

reddit post

Is this common to all R9 285 cards or am I just unlucky?

A (known?) game glitch or a issue possibly related to the new colour compression feature?

This issue occurs with both 15.4 & 15.5 beta drivers and I've already filed a report using the AMD Issue Reporting Form.

I've yet to play the Witcher 3 extensively to see if I'm affected by the crashing issue (but will now that v1.05 is out)

I played though the tutorial to the first tavern (after griffin) without issue on the brief play I had.

EDIT

It looks like I'm also affected by the Witcher 3 black screen crash bug =\

The game goes to a non-responsive black screen after taking a number of hits in combat.

Made it as far as a sidequest near the first town. Strangely didn't crash out during the first fist fight outside the tavern.

EDIT 2

Using the files taken from the latest Windows 10 drivers resolves all of my crashing/graphical issues in GTA V and the Witcher 3 - that's under a Windows 7 x64 system using an R9 285.

> Install the latest AMD Catalyst 15.5 Beta Driver for Windows

> Download the appropriate driver DLL files (I'm using the 1038.zip found in the DirectX 10-11.2 folder)

> Extract the four DLL files:

• aticfx32.dll
  • aticfx64.dll
  • atidxx32.dll
  • atidxx64.dll

> Copy to each games installation directory

Witcher 3 -> GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64

GTA V -> base folder (same folder as PlayGTAV.exe, GTA5.exe, GTAVLauncher.exe, etc)

> Run the game

I've played for hours without issue!

Outcomes