1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 10, 2015 10:27 PM by kingfish

GTA V - Cutscene issues on an R9 285

mwnn

Any other R9 285 owners experience weird graphical artifacts during the in-game cutscenes? (mainly ones which take place outdoors)

The previous frame(s) is spread across the current one when camera movement occurs.

Normal interactive gameplay is unaffected.

I've taken a few screenshots here:

GTA V screenshots

There's also a video uploaded by someone else (very severe example) and a reddit post:

GTA 5 Graphics Problem (R9 285) - YouTube

reddit post

Is this common to all R9 285 cards or am I just unlucky?

A (known?) game glitch or a issue possibly related to the new colour compression feature?

This issue occurs with both 15.4 & 15.5 beta drivers and I've already filed a report using the AMD Issue Reporting Form.

I've yet to play the Witcher 3 extensively to see if I'm affected by the crashing issue (but will now that v1.05 is out)

I played though the tutorial to the first tavern (after griffin) without issue on the brief play I had.

EDIT

It looks like I'm also affected by the Witcher 3 black screen crash bug =\

The game goes to a non-responsive black screen after taking a number of hits in combat.

Made it as far as a sidequest near the first town. Strangely didn't crash out during the first fist fight outside the tavern.

EDIT 2

Using the files taken from the latest Windows 10 drivers resolves all of my crashing/graphical issues in GTA V and the Witcher 3 - that's under a Windows 7 x64 system using an R9 285.

> Install the latest AMD Catalyst 15.5 Beta Driver for Windows

> Download the appropriate driver DLL files (I'm using the 1038.zip found in the DirectX 10-11.2 folder)

> Extract the four DLL files:

• aticfx32.dll
      • aticfx64.dll
      • atidxx32.dll
      • atidxx64.dll

> Copy to each games installation directory

Witcher 3 -> GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64

GTA V -> base folder (same folder as PlayGTAV.exe, GTA5.exe, GTAVLauncher.exe, etc)

> Run the game

I've played for hours without issue!

• Re: GTA V - Cutscene issues on an R9 285
          kingfish

Man, I hope this works A whole lot of people, including game developers and *cough* graphics *cough* card *cough* companies are going to be happy. I don't own either of the games, but I am hoping this is a 'fix' that can be incorporated by the mentioned companies so a average Joe doesn't have to jump through hoops.

And it would be nice to have fewer posts about it.