24 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2016 9:34 AM by kwstas

AMD Mobility Radeon HD5000 Series - Installation problem

faraday

Hello,

I am using a HP Pavilion laptop.

Model: dv3 - 4048TX

Display adapters are: Intel(R) HD Graphics and AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series.

I just upgraded it from Windows 7 to Window 8.1 Pro (64-bit)

after the upgrade, the display drivers updated themselves when I connected to Internet and some features like the brightness buttons started working.

I restarted the PC, but it failed to restart on several attempts and I am prompted to restore it. After successfully restoring to previous state, it boots/restarts successfully.

I discovered that the problem is from the AMD graphics driver and downloaded the latest AMD driver software from AMD website.

I also uninstalled the AMD graphics driver and tried to install the downloaded one but it fails. I tried also to install even older versions but it still fails to install.

1. Half way on installing the AMD graphics driver, the screen flickers and finally the PC goes off.

2. On several attempts to restart, it fails until I restore it.

Please help me on what to do to successfully install the AMD Graphics drivers to have the system work well with the connected features and also have the system boot or restart successfully.

I have tried these actions listed below,  but it's still fails:

1. I have installed all the available recommended and optional updates for the windows

2. I tried disabling the antivirus and finally uninstalled it.

3. I turned the windows firewall off

I have contacted Microsoft community forum, and they advised me to contact AMD for the solution

possible check for the AMD compatibility driver for the windows 8.1

I really need help on this issue please.

Thanks.