13 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2017 3:35 AM by amdmatt

DO NOT POST OFF TOPIC THREADS HERE

This space is for help with the community itself. Please post anything else in the proper forum.

Two ideas

1: Use the forum list on the right of the Overview page, and find the forum you want. Note that several have subforums.

2: Use the Search widget - top right of the page and hunt for your topic.  (Check out the Finding Stuff part of AMD Community FAQ )

EXAMPLE: If your post is about Radeon, put it in the Radeon forum where other people interested in Radeon cards hang out. You are far more likely to get an answer there, than here. Here you have newbies learning their way around the forum.

EXAMPLE: Search for overclocking to find threads related to that topic. They may be in more than one forum, but you get a clue about where other overclockers are talking about things.

• Re: DO NOT POST OFF TOPIC THREADS HERE
          damric

Perhaps if it was easier to find the proper subforums, this would not be an issue. This forum is difficult to navigate. It looks like one big messy clump.

Example: I tried to find a proper place to post my FF benchmark scores but there isn't an overclocking section.

Hi damric 666. I'll make sure the people who own the support forums get the feedback on need for a space dedicated to overclocking. That is their call.

BUT... here's an idea. Use the search widget at the top right. Search for Overclock or overclocking. You'll get a list of discussions on that issue. Go to one or two, see where they are. I guarantee you they will not all be in the same place. Example, I saw one that had to do with overclocking a Radeon card, it was in the Radeon forum. No matter how we slice things, the member might say... ooh Radeon or oooh Overclocking and put it in either place.

There is no right answer to this.

BOTTOM LINE: and good advice for everyone. You never know where someone is going to put something. Rely less on the forum taxonomy and more on the search widget. Look for a keyword, and you'll see where some/most of those discussions are.

For tips on searching, which is pretty capable, check out the Finding Stuff part of AMD Community FAQ 

bobcov

This forum is one of the most confusing I have seen.  What is the difference between Support Forums and Community Help and which one should I post a question in?

davemon50

I'm sorry but I do have to agree with the other sentiments expressed above.  I have been navigating many forums for many years, and this one has me lost.  In addition, when I do find the right place it still appears quite confusing in arrangement.  It seems that many questions I've seen as I've navigated through these forum sections, the mods have squashed simply because they weren't in the right place, with no attempt at a correct response.  This is discouraging to people who are genuinely looking for help.  I would hope people are excited about being here and participating, rather than fearful of stepping in the wrong direction and getting chastised for their contributions.