14 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2015 4:24 AM by sir_aggelos

A8 7600

sir_aggelos

Can the A8 7600/7650 run dual graphics on an asus r7 250 1GB GDDR5 384 STREMING PROCESSORS memory 4600 core 1050?

Or do i have to use 7850 or better?

To do that which mobo do you recommend for the best perfomance?

My RAMS GSKILL 2X4GB DDR3 2400MHZ CL10

THANK YOU

• Re: A8 7600
          figus
          3 of 3 people found this helpful
              sir_aggelos

I have seen that but  AMD suggest r7 240 and im was not sure whether they benchmarked it with the 250 and a8 7600 not in dual graphics mode

tekkiaussie

Normally "lower end" recommendations for Dual Graphics come from the possible requirement to scale down of one of the components, as both parts are required to run at the same "speed".

Seeing as A8 7600 has only 384 Stream Processors but the R7 250 has 512 Stream Processors, the R7 250 would not need to utilize around 30% or more of its processing power, if used in a Dual Graphics setup with this APU. On the other hand, the R7 240 has around 320 Stream Processors, and thus they are more "balanced".

This is also the reason why the R7 250 is recommended for Dual Graphics setups with the A10 7xxx series APU's, as most of them have over 500 Stream Processors built in. As such, the scaling between the APU & Discrete GPU is more matched in these setups.

(Note: There is a lot more behind Dual Graphics then just this, but the number of Stream Processors (per GPU) is a fairly good touch point when checking into Dual Graphics compatibility.)

You should still be able to use the R9 250 in Dual Graphics with the A8 7600, but you will not likely see any major improvement in performance when compared to using a R7 240.

sal

Hello,

i have A8-7650k with R7 240. I was conidering R7 250 too but after reading few test i have decided to purchase 240 because difference in fps was 2-5% and in price is 30%. Don't buy R7 250 DDR5 version! Because it won't work well with dual graphic, it must be DDR3 version!

For figus: Maybe one 250x card will be faster in few titles, but when i'm not play games the second graphic card is power down, so i don't wast energy

sir_aggelos

I Wont buy it i already have r7 250 and im not planning to change it for a year at least.

Actually im looking for the best game perfomance with the minimum cost,at least before zen platform comes out.

So whats best apu and crossfire it with my card or going to AM3 PLATFORM WITH AN FX OR A 860K ATHLON?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

ihave already bought the RAM ddr3 8gb 2400mhz cl10

sal

Well, if You have this graphic, i would say go for A8-7650K, 860K Athlon is almost the same price and it's the same cpu but without gpu. My Cpu goes no problem with 4.4GHz, You can always use Your 250 card as main, so when in some game dual graphic will not work properly, just use faster 250 card , but i think that for dual graphic You will need to underlock r7 250 memory. I have read that are problems with ddr3 + ddr5 in crossfire.

black_zion

Just disable the APU's integrated GPU and buy a 260X. Much faster than Dual Graphics, no headaches, and only a few dollars more than a 250.

sal

Did You really so leazy, that You can not read what He wrote? He own 250 already... And he don't have Apu yet... this forum is a mess.

sir_aggelos

Right i see.I was checking this mobo

Asus A88XM-Plus 

It has an integrated boost mode for the gpu of the apu that will match the speed of my 250 gddr5 ram so that i dont have to underclock.

someone above mentioned that a8 is not working at all in dual graphics with gddr5 ram gpu's

if this is true i will buy a 50$ fm2+ mobo and the athlon x4 860k save extra 50$,get an ssd with that and end of story