So a couple of days ago I turn on my pc after not powering it on for a week and I notice my main screen is not working.
Turns out my card was not outputting a HDMI signal anymore. (Only VGA works)
So over the last 2 weeks I have tried everything in the book....
- Fresh Installed Windows
- Updated Latest Drivers
- Tried monitor with other HDMI devices/screens (works just fine, using the same HDMI cable)
- Pulled card out, reseated everything, made sure everything is connected correctly
- Checked BIOS, BIOS is fine.
- Power cycled everything a dozen times
Now here is where it gets weird
- I pulled out the card and tried an older AMD card (VGA worked, HDMI didn't work on that card either (SAME EXACT ISSUE)
- I put in an old Nvidia card (VOILA!!! HDMI is working!)
I honestly have no clue what's going on here, I'm pretty good with computers, fixing software issues has never been a problem for me, but I seriously can't wrap my head around this.
My Nvidia card is outputting HDMI just fine, but neither of my AMD cards are.
I've tried different drivers and nothing works, I can't find this problem anywhere else on the internet, seriously I tried, I've been obsessing over this for 2 weeks and I'm close to giving up.
This is my System
AMD FX 8350 (8 x 4.0 GHZ)
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P (AMD 970)
AMD Radeon HD 7950 - 3 GB - (XFX)
Corsair 8GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (1x8GB)
120GB Kingston SSD
1 TB Seagate (1000 GB) HDD 7200 RPM
Monitor: BENQ GL2450