1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 1, 2015 8:19 PM by kingfish

Radeon R9 280 Not installing

rydercycle

Every time I download a version that is compatible with the video card and system os (Windows 8.1 64 bit). It will download but when I start to run it it will get past the analyze stage then in the installation stage it will stop and say.

"Application instal; Installation failure"

If i click "view log" this comes up

Existing packages
      Packages for install
      AMD Catalyst Install Manager
      Final Status:Fail
      Version of Item:8.0.915.0
      Size:20 Mbytes
      HydraVision
      Final Status:Success
      Version of Item:4.2.252.0
      Size:6 Mbytes

Other detected devices

Error messages
      Application Install: install package failure!

I don't know what I can do to resolve this problem, I tried getting rid of my Intel integrated graphics but that didn't solve it. I don't know if i need to uninstall my chip set drivers as well when i uninstall my integrated graphics, so I might just be a dumb dumb, but I didn't try in fear of them being crucial to the system. I don't know a whole lot about computers other than some basic knowledge.

I've also tried a bunch of other versions of AMD Drivers but all of them came up with this message.

I just built this pc like 2-3 weeks ago. My specs are https://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i54440

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor

Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card

Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

I just put up some of my importat stuff but i also have a 1 tb hard drive, a wifi adapter, etc.

If any one has any guides or walkthroughs or previous knowledge please tell me below or email me at ghostryder822@gmail.com

If I left out any important details that you need in order to be able to help me please tell me and I'll try and find what I forgot/didn't know.

Thank you for your time and Have a nice day.

• Re: Radeon R9 280 Not installing
          kingfish

No there is no need to uninstall the IGP. Since this is a new install, I have to cover the bases.....have you installed the relevant (don't install any graphics drivers)  "optional' updates from Windows Update? That's #1. You need to go to Intel and run their 'driver update utility'. After all of that is done, download these drivers to your desktop.

Then... Computer control panel > uninstall a program > Amd install manager > express uninstall all AMD software including the installer. Reboot. Install the new driver suite.

Just a note: When the choice comes up to do a express install, or a 'custom' install of the new drivers...select custom and uncheck the box by 'gaming evolved' if you don't want it. When installing the drivers, turn off any and all > anti-virus > anti-malware > any kind of security program that can interfere with the installation. You might have to run as administrator.

1 of 1 people found this helpful