8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2015 5:24 PM by kingfish

Radeon HD 7xxx series driver problems

cabinfourus

I had to do a reinstall of windows.  Everything was wiped clean.  I downloaded the correct driver for my Radeon HD 7xxx series card.  The file is the omega 14.12, when I try to open the file I get a window that says "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running.  Check the version of software to see whether its 32 or 64 bit."  I am running windows 7 64 bit on a older dell.  I never had problems before and I was running the same Video card.  I need a driver that will work with this card on my version of windows.  I also installed the demo version of windows 10 to see what would happen and win 10 installed the correct driver and it worked.   But I don't like win 10 and reinstalled win 7 64 bit and the driver will not work.  PLEASE HELP>

• Re: Radeon HD 7xxx series driver problems
          cabinfourus

I have more info for this post. 

I was able to try to install the driver chipset.  When I try to install this, I get the blue screen.  It says it could be a driver problem, but I have not installed any drivers yet.

medallish

You say it's an older Dell? Is it a Laptop or Desktop? If it's a laptop you should probably see what driver Dell offers on their support page.

sjad107

dude i have the same problem i installed a new windows yesterday and i have an hp laptop and radeon hd 7xxx series if anyone know how to fix this please help

kingfish

First of all, if your new OS installation is not fully updated don't bother with this guide. All optional updates, that do not pertain to security or graphics drivers must first be installed.

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics must be the current version. Go to this Intel link, and manually ( do not use the Intel Driver Update Utility) find the latest graphics driver for your laptop, as pictured. Download and save it to your desktop. If you don't know which version of Intel graphics you have, look in device manager.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Download these AMD drivers to your desktop.

For Windows 8.1 or Windows 7

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel. Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel. NOTICE IMPORTANT: Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager. Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Now install the Intel drivers first and lastly the AMD drivers.

NOTICE: If you do not want raptr/gaming evolved installed with your new drivers, select 'custom install' and uncheck the box for "gaming Evolved".

SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct

1 of 1 people found this helpful