7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2015 12:43 PM by tekkiaussie

Question 15.5 Drivers

themilliondollarman

Can someone tell me if the Driver 15.5 will remain forever Beta? AMD is still working to make them official and no Beta?

• Re: Question 15.5 Drivers
          hacktun3d

15.5 will stay beta. All that means is the driver wasn't sent to Microsoft for the whql cert. That would have delayed the driver longer. It doesn't mean anything else. No difference in quality or testing.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              themilliondollarman

With the response, but not the one I was looking for, that is, let me know because this is in Beta Driver 5.15, it means that AMD is trying to improve it? Because I have tried it for The Witcher 3, and do not go well, there is an improvement in performance, but there are stuttering / freeze fights, so I wonder if AMD is trying to improve them or will release these drivers 15.5 officers without improvements ?

They will release the official when (not beta)?

hacktun3d

Yes they are continuing to work with cdpr and will have an updated profile in a later driver revision. Whether it's another beta or whql doesn't matter. If it comes out this month it will probably be called 15.5.1

themilliondollarman

What will it take for the "Drivers 15.5.1"? Because honestly can not wait months to get out of the drivers, NVIDIA has released yesterday the official drivers for The Witcher 3, I am afraid that AMD will release them after months ...

Unfortunately I have had to return with Drivers OMEGA because the drivers 15.5 had problems stuttering / freeze.

In your opinion how long it takes to "fix" the 15.5 drivers?

But when they come out the "15.5.1", AMD will replace the site the "Drivers 15.5" with those of "Drivers 15.5.1"? Why do I have installed OMEGA so I'm afraid that I will not know when it will come out the "15.5.1"

tekkiaussie

Too many people seem to have the impression that "Beta" means "Unstable". This is NOT the case when it comes to AMD Beta drivers, the ONLY difference between Beta and WHQL drivers (for AMD drivers) is that the WHQL has been sent to Microsoft and undergone "some OS checks" on their side. There is no stability/improvements in WHQL drivers compared to Beta drivers. One of the main reasons that AMD does not send these Beta drivers to Microsoft is because it will cause further delays in the driver release (sometimes it can take weeks).

Again, Beta drivers are just as stable as WHQL drivers when it comes to performance (and sometimes even better). One of the reason that Nvidia can release WHQL drivers when GTA V first came out is that they worked with Rockstar to build the game, and thus were able to test, tweak, improve and send these driver packages to Microsoft prior to the game being released. AMD basically had to wait for the official release of the game before even being able to test them, and if they then waited until they got WHQL approval for the driver package, it could still be pending, and would end up with the same performance which you see now.

themilliondollarman

Yes, ok, I want to know if this Beta AMD is improving the problems that the Beta and then out the other drivers that solve these problems.

tekkiaussie

Most drivers are built off previous drivers, so to answer your question, yes, AMD is improving driver packages and releasing them as they do.

If you are interested in finding out more about the improvements done in any driver release you can check the "Release Notes" for that package. Within there you will find information about any tweaks, improvements, CrossFire Profiles added/improved or any additional support (hardware, software or OS) added.

You can find these release notes on the driver download page itself.

1 of 1 people found this helpful