Recently, I've had crippling issues with Minecraft and AMD drivers. Specifically, the crashes have gotten worse, and I'm unable to get past the load screen without a crash. I've gone ahead and worked with Mojang and the Minecraft community for the last three weeks, and the powers that be lay the claim of blame on AMD:
"[Mod] Mustek added a comment - 23 minutes ago
Look, open the Java crashlog, see that the problematic frame is atio6axx.dll. This belongs to your ATI graphics card."
The game crashes with AMD Catalyst 13.4, 13.9 13.10beta when:
- Changing the anisotropic filtering (fixed in 13w39a)
- Switching resource packs (fixed in 13w39b)
- Placing paintings (fixed in 13w39b)
- Exisiting painitings when loading a world
- Maps in item frames
- Unknown reason, see MC-32839 (Test world at http://www.mediafire.com/?2bzlsj1up2zcbmu ), MC-32956 and MC-32910
If you have this issue, an update to AMD Catalyst 13.9 Desktop http://support.amd.com/US/GPUDOWNLOAD/Pages/index.aspx
or AMD Catalyst 13.10 beta2 http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd_catalyst_13.10_betav2.exe
If you still having issues after that, please report that to AMD
* 13.9: http://www.amd.com/report
* 13.10 beta http://amd.com/betareport
* 13.10 Mobility beta: http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D25AD12B2C"
So I come here, for ideas and suggestions. I'll start small, how, do I go about contacting AMD for support, phone, e-mail, or any in person offices or similar. I've been playing this game for the last 5+ years, and I'd like to continue. This entire recent experience has got me rather....dejected...and depressed about the two companies I've used together for so long.
Any help, or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.